SnapQC Benchtop System
A complete, stand-alone 3D, color, and weight imaging system that instantaneously captures product attributes such as true color, height, diameter, symmetry, length, width, volume, and weight.
The complete, stand-alone SnapQC™ system uses a high-speed, non-contact imaging method to capture a wide range of object information such as color, height, diameter, slope, symmetry, length, and volume.
SnapQC At-Line Measurement Tool
The SnapQC benchtop vision inspection system for food production is utilized primarily by these groups in the food industry:
- Quality personnel responsible for periodic spot checks of product from production; in some cases before and after test bakes or enrobing.
- Ingredient developers/scientists
- Third party or corporate product evaluation service providers
- New product study and development
- Management personnel who want to fully understand the capabilities of a vision system before acquiring an over-line or in-line vision system
The SnapQC vision inspection system provides quick, consistent measurement results, without the risk of human error. All data and images are instantaneously displayed and stored for reporting in the pre-configured Montrose Inspection Software. The system will measure multiple products at once, providing full image and measurement data for each individual item.
No other tool is able to compute all of these attributes on relatively large items, like a full loaf of bread, without the use of a conveyor.
Types of Measurements
The SnapQC system keeps detailed records of each measurement and eliminates subjective and manual measurements as well as data entry. This results in a rapid payback of the system cost through lower labor costs, increased reliability and consistency, time savings and trusted results.
The system quantifies a wide variety of physical attributes including:
- Diameter, Length, Width, Surface Area
- Volume, Weight
- Height, Slopes
- Bake Color (excluding topping, split)
- Topping (Color, Coverage, Count)
- Measure Color in L*A*B and BCU
The SnapQC also has the ability to measure multiple products at once and sequence together multiple views of the same object. For example the measurement of sliced buns in a set of steps to measure whole/crown, slice, and heel.
Montrose Inspection Software
Montrose Technologies provides fast, accurate information to help you make money-saving decisions on product quality, wastage and production rates. The Inspection Software is a comprehensive suite of measurement, analysis, reporting and archiving functions designed to meet the needs of plant floor operators as well as plant managers. On the plant floor, the software displays shape, size, dimensional, color and external data in a variety of graphical and numerical formats. Operators have fast and easy access to current results.
- Simple operator interface (touchscreen-driven)
- Results displayed in numerical and statistical format
- Full data storage for averaged and individual object measurements
- Interfaces to external devices such as a barcode reader
- Can export raw data to other software packages (e.g. ERP)
- Supports unlimited lines and products
- Simple to setup, calibrate and operate
- Includes measurement data report generation
Improve quality, reduce production costs, provide valuable data.